- 1 large onion roughly chopped.
- 1kg diced wild goat.
- 10 dried apricots cut in half.
- 2/3 pint good stock veggie or lamb.
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar.
- A sprig of rosemary.
- 2 bay leaves.
- A sprig of thyme.
- 2 cloves of garlic.
- Ground pepper.
- A dash of olive oil.
- Put the oil in the tagine or heavy bottomed casserole and then add the chopped onion, followed by the diced goat and the rest of the ingredients.
- Simmer with lid on for three hours.
Very good with mashed potato and excellent reheated the next day. This recipe will work well using wild Scottish goat: