- 4 tbsp olive oil.
- 4 pheasant breast fillets.
- 2 whole unpeeled garlic cloves.
- 200g wild mushrooms (morel, chanterelle).
- 4 tbsp dry white wine.
- 2 tbsp finely chopped red onion.
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped soft fresh thyme.
- 1 (135g) bag watercress, spinach and rocket salad.
- 2 nectarines, stoned and sliced.
- Pour 1 tbsp oil into a large heavy based frying pan
- Add the whole garlic cloves then set the pan over a medium heat.
- When the oil is hot fry the pheasant breasts for 2-3 minutes each side until lightly browned and just cooked through.
- Transfer them to a board, leave to rest for a few minutes, then slice.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan
- Add the mushrooms and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in the wine and allow to bubble rapidly for a second or two.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add the red onion and thyme.
- To serve, divide the salad leaves and nectarines between four plates.
- Top with the pheasant breasts, then spoon over the warm mushrooms and their dressing.
Courtesy of “Game to Eat”.