- 2 x 2oz veal medallions (rounds cut from the tenderloin).
- 50g (2oz) tender young sorrel leaves.
- 25g (1oz) butter.
- Salt and freshly milled white pepper.
- 100ml (1/8 pint) low fat natural yogurt.
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
- Â½ teaspoon sugar.
- Wash and wipe the medallions and tie them round with cooking twine to retain their shape.
- Wash the sorrel thoroughly in lukewarm water, shake dry in a teatowel and cut it into strips.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and fry the veal for 4 minutes each side, until golden brown.
- Season to taste.
- Remove the medallions from the pan and keep them hot on a warm plate.
- Stir the yogurt into the cooking juices, add the sorrel and heat for about 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Season the sauce with the lemon juice, sugar and, if necessary, a little salt.
- Warm the medallions through in the sauce without allowing it to boil.