- 125g medium rice noodles.
- 1 sirloin steak (about 300g).
- 3 tbsp Thai sweet chilli sauce.
- 1 lime.
- 1 tbsp fish sauce.
- ½ cucumber (cut into ribbons with a potato peeler).
- 1 red chilli (shredded).
- Handful coriander leaves.
- Put 125g medium rice noodles in a large bowl with boiling water. Leave until tender, then drain and rinse well with cold water.
- Heat a griddle or heavy frying pan until very hot.
- Oil and season 1 sirloin steak (about 300g trimmed of fat) then cook for 1-2 minutes each side, depending on how thick it is, then rest it for 5 minutes.
- Make a dressing by stirring together 3 tbsp Thai sweet chilli sauce, juice 1 lime and 1 tbsp fish sauce.
- Slice the steak.
- Toss the noodles, ½ cucumber and red chilli with the dressing and a small handful of chopped coriander leaves.
- Top with the steak.