- A kilo of wild mushrooms e.g. hen of the woods, porcini, and girolle.
- 6tblsp olive oil.
- 1.5kg belly of pork.
- 2 chopped garlic cloves.
- 1 tsp finely chopped rosemary.
- 200ml fino sherry.
- 200ml water.
- Wipe the mushrooms and slice roughly.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and add half the oil.
- Cook the mushrooms in this for 10 minutes.
- Season and drain off the excess oil.
- Heat the remaining oil over a high heat in a heavy pan and add the ribs/belly.
- Seal and set aside.
- Lower the heat and fry the rosemary and garlic till the garlic turns brown.
- Then add the sherry and water and put the ribs back in.
- Cover with baking paper and simmer for 2-3 hours until very well done.
- Stir in the mushrooms just before the end.
The pork will nearly be falling off the bone in this rich autumnal dish.
Adapted from “Moro, The Cookbook” by Silvy.