One partridge per person.
- 1 partridge.
- 1 rasher bacon.
- 100g butter.
- 1 slice of bread.
- Heat oven to 400F
- Take an oven ready partridge.
- Put a knob of butter inside and a piece of bacon over the breast.
- Put some fat into a roasting tin and put it into the hot oven.
- When the fat is hot put a piece of bread into the fat.
- It should brown in two minutes.
- Turn over the bread and put the partridge on top.
- Cook for 30 minutes, basting when necessary.
- Serve with bread sauce, gravy, vegetables and game chips (warmed ready salted crisps).