One bird per person.
- 1 young grouse.
- 1 rasher bacon.
- 100g butter.
- 1 slice of bread.
- Take an oven ready young grouse.
- Put a knob of butter inside and a piece of streaky bacon over the breast.
- Put some fat into a roasting tin and put it into a hot oven – 400F.
- When the fat is hot put a piece of bread into the fat. It should brown in two minutes.
- Turn over the bread and put the grouse on top.
- Cook for 30-35 minutes.
Serve with bread sauce, gravy, vegetables and game chips (warmed ready salted crisps).