- 4 small sprigs of rosemary.
- 8 partridge breast fillets.
- 2-3 tbsp of olive oil.
- 25g butter.
- 2 red skinned apples eg. Gala, cored and thickly sliced.
- 3 small red onions, peeled and sliced into slim wedges.
- 50ml dry white wine.
- Mashed potatoes to serve.
- Strip the leaves from 2 sprigs of rosemary and press them onto the partridge breast fillets.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy based frying pan and fry them for 2-3 minutes each side until just cooked through.
- Remove from the pan, keep warm.
- Melt the butter in the pan, add the apples, shallots and remaining thyme.
- Fry for 5-6 minutes until softened and lightly browned.
- Pour in the wine and stir to scrape up any juice stuck to the bottom of the pan, boil to reduce slightly.
- Arrange the partridge breast fillets, apples and onions on warmed plates with the pan juices spooned over the top.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.
Courtesy of “Game to Eat”.