- Boned and rolled shoulder of pork.
- 500g Wild Boar and Apple sausages.
- Handful fresh sage leaves.
- String for tying.
- Allow 100-175g (4-6oz) raw meat per person for boneless joints.
- Preheat oven to 180Â°C/350Â°F/gas mark 4/5.
- Take a boned and rolled shoulder joint.
- To make the stuffing: Slit the sausage skins and remove the sausagemeat.
- Cut the strings from the joint and open up on a board.
- Place the sage leaves onto the meat and top with the stuffing, roll up the joint and secure with string in 3-4 places.
- Weigh the stuffed joint and calculate the cooking time – 30 minutes per 450g/Â½kg (1lb) plus 30 minutes (medium).
- Dry the rind and score deeply with a sharp knife.
- Rub the joint with a little oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Place on a rack in a roasting tin and open roast in preheated oven for calculated cooking time.
- When cooked allow to stand for 10 minutes before carving.
- Serve with seasonal roasted vegetables.
Top tip: If you have any stuffing left over cut some onions in half horizontally, scoop out some of the layers and put a big spoonful into the onion shells. Cook with the pork joint for the last 40-50 minutes.