- 1 roe fillet.
- Pork dripping.
- Seasoned flour.
- Bramble jelly.
- Good meat stock.
- Sour cream/creme fraiche.
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper.
- Toss the whole roe fillet in the seasoned flour.
- Heat the fat and fry the meat on a medium heat for 5-7 mins, turning frequently.
- Put the fillet into a warmed dish with a teaspoon of bramble jelly and keep warm while you make the sauce.
- Add stock to the pan and boil briskly.
- When the sauce looks syrupy, stir in the sour cream/creme fraiche to make a rich sauce.
- Carve the roe fillet into small medallions, say 3 per person and pour over the sauce.
It works well with mashed potatoes and cabbage cooked with crushed juniper berries.