One bird per person.
- 1 oven ready woodpigeon.
- 1 rasher bacon.
- 50g butter.
- 1 slice of bread.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Take an oven ready woodpigeon.
- Put a knob of butter inside and a piece of bacon over the breast.
- Put some fat into a roasting tin and put it into the hot oven.
- When the fat is hot put a piece of bread into the fat.
- It should brown in two minutes.
- Turn over the bread and put the woodpigeon on top.
- Cook for 45 minutes, basting when necessary.
- Serve with bread sauce, gravy, vegetables and roast potatoes.
- Carve as if it is a roast chicken.