- Boned and rolled Iron Age Pork shoulder joint
- Greek or runny honey
- Apple juice or cider
- Take a boned and rolled shoulder joint and and press cloves into the folds of the meat.
- Stuff sage under the string and rub Greek or runny honey into the meat.
- Stand overnight in a shallow pool of honey, turning occasionally.
- Next day put in a covered oven-proof pot and add warmed apple juice or cider to about half way up the meat.
- Cook very slowly in a modrate oven till done.
There is no need to season as the flavours of the Iron Age Pork are complemented by the spices and the juice. Bon Appetit!
Photograph – marinading in honey.
Courtesy of Ron and Ann Farmer.