This is a 10 minute wonder! Serves 8.
- 8 pigeon breasts.
- 1 stick of rustically chopped cooking chorizo.
- 700g packet of frozen petit pois.
- Handful of chopped fresh herbs (I use thyme, rosemary, mint, parsleyâ€¦anything at hand really!).
- Salt and pepper.
- Tablespoon olive oil.
- Knob of butter.
- Heat oil and butter in small frying pan and fry the pigeon breasts for 3 minutes a side.
- When cooked the pigeon breasts should be pink inside, rest on a plate to one side.
- In the same pan put in the chopped chorizo until warmed and the chorizo colour is running into the oil (about 5 mins).
- In the meantime cook peas in a little water, then drain.
- Add the hot chorizo and the oil from the pan into the peas.
- Slice the pigeon breasts diagonally across and throw into the peas.
- Add the handful of fresh, chopped herbs and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.