I used 5 partridges but use as few or many as you need
5 whole oven ready partridge
2 onions diced
2 garlic clove crushed
1 cinnamon stick
grated root ginger
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbs shop bought Moroccan seasoning or (1 tsp each of paprika, mace, cumin, cardamon, saffron)
1 litre chicken stock
- Dice onions, and put into a tagine with oil and all the spices. Allow to cook until translucent.
- While that is happening, coat whole birds in seasoned flour and brown all over in a heated frying pan with oil.
- Add to tagine with prunes.
- Pour stock into the frying pan and allow all the floury cooking juices to blend with the stock. Pour over partridges.
- Cover with grease proof paper and tagine lid and simmer gently, turning the partridge occasionally for a couple of hours or until the meat is tender or a leg pulls away easily from the body.
Serve with cous cous.
Recipe – Courtesy of Silvy Weatherall