- Blackface mutton boned & rolled shoulder
- Mutton bones
- Onions, leeks,
- Bay leaves,
- Pepper corns
- Boiled eggs,
- Take a Blackface mutton boned & rolled shoulder, put into a pot with the bones,
- Add carrots, onions, leeks, celery, bay leaves, rosemary, garlic and pepper corns,
- Cover in cold water & poach for 5 hours or until soft.
- Make a sauce is with the cooking liquor, by making a blonde roux, and then adding the liquor ladle by ladle until you have a silky sauce that just coats the back of a spoon.
- Added cream to finish and finally add lots of chopped boiled eggs, parsley and capers.
- Check the sauce for seasoning and then poured over the Lucky Mouton.
If you would like to try this recipe put in the comments section that you require the bones when you order.
Photo by Jason Lowe.
This is the favoured mutton recipe of James Walker, head chef of Le Pont de la Tour.