- Half fill a baking tin with boiling water.
- Keep the haggis in the vacuum packing as this reduces the chance of the haggis splitting.
- As our haggis is in natural casing and not sealed with a metal clip there is a slight chance of the casing splitting.
- Place the 500g haggis in the water and put the tin in a warm oven (90 C or 200 F).
- Cover with tin foil or a lid.
- Leave in the oven for 45 mins to 1 hour, turning the haggis once half way through.
- Serve with a wee dram of whisky, and mashed potatoes and mashed turnips for the true Scots experience.
- Alternatively, simmer for an hour and pop into a warm oven to dry for 10 minutes before opening.
For 1 kg increase to 1 1/4 hours, 2kg 1 1/2 hours and 3 kg 2 hours
Photo by Jason Lowe.