- Wild Venison Haunch
- 8 Juniper Berries – crushed
- Half pack of Butter – at room temperature
- Prepare roasting tin by lining with a long length of tin foil in both directions so that once the meat and hay are in it you can wrap it up to avoid the hay from burning in the oven.
- Place half the hay on top of the tin foil.
- Place haunch on the hay.
- Mix 8 crushed juniper berries with half a pack of room temp butter (roughly 120 grams)and slather over the haunch.
- Add a few sprigs of woody herbs like thyme and rosemary and then cover with remaining hay.
- Parcel this all up with the foil.
- Pop in a hot oven for a couple of hours.
Very tender and moist!
Delicious served with dauphinois potatoes.