- 2 red onions.
- 1 tsp cinnamon.
- 1tbsp olive oil.
- 400g/14oz lean lamb steak, or steak cut from the leg.
- 140g/5oz wild and basmati rice.
- Handful mint, chopped.
- Handful parsley, chopped.
- 120g pack fresh pomegranate seeds.
- 50g/2oz chopped pistachios.
- 50g/2oz dried cranberries.
- Juice Â½ orange.
- Juice Â½ lemon.
- Grate 1 onion into shallow dish, add the cinnamon and Â½ tbsp olive oil, then mix.
- Place the lamb steaks in the dish, rub in the marinade, then cover and set aside while you make the rice.
- Place the rice and 600ml water in a pan.
- Bring to the boil, then turn down and simmer, covered, until all water has evaporated – about 20 minutes.
- Take off the lid and cool.
- Finely chop the remaining red onion and mix into the rice along with the herbs, pomegranate, pistachios and cranberries.
- Finally mix in the orange and lemon juice, the remaining olive oil and season well.
- Remove the lamb from the marinade, shaking off any excess.
- Griddle for about 5 mins on each side, depending on how you like your meat and serve with a big spoonful of rice.