This easy to cook dish is delicately flavoured and will serve 6 hungry people!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped.
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander.
- Â¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg .
- 1 tablespoon chopped dried apricots.
- 2 tablespoons whole blanched almonds
- 125 ml lamb stock.
- 1 tablespoon wild flower honey.
- 300g couscous.
- 3 tablespoons chopped coriander.
- Large onion, finely chopped.
- Â½ teaspoon cumin seeds.
- Â½ teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- 500 g lamb mince.
- 1 tablespoon raisins.
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley.
- 560 ml boiling water.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil and cook onion till soft.
- Add the garlic, cumin, coriander, cinnamon and nutmeg and cook for another minute. Remove and set aside.
- Heat the 2nd tablespoon of oil and brown lamb.
- When the lamb is brown drain in a sieve.
- Return the onion and lamb to the pot adding the apricots, raisins, almonds, honey and stock.
- Simmer for around 40 minutes, season and add the parsley.
- Put the couscous in a bowl with boiling salted water and leave covered with cling film for 5 minutes.
- Fluff up the couscous and add the chopped coriander.
Courtesy of I Sykes.