- Bison vodka.
- 2 kgs diced mutton
- 6 cloves of garlic.
- 3 chopped onions.
- 4 diced carrots.
- 4/6 sticks chopped celery in a little oil.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Wilted salad leaves (hot rocket etc).
For the Dumplings:
- 8oz self raising flour.
- 4oz of suet.
- Cracked black pepper.
- Marinate 2 kilos of diced mutton overnight in 6 tablespoons Bison vodka.
- Next day, fry 6 cloves of garlic,
- 3 chopped onions,
- 4 diced carrots and 4 to 6 sticks chopped celery in a little oil.
- Add the mutton and seasoning, rosemary and any wilted salad leaves (hot rocket etc).
- Cover with water and simmer gently for around 2Â½ hours.
- Cool and chill the casserole and when it is completely cold, take off the layer of fat on top.
Make up dumplings:
- 8 oz of self raising flour.
- 4 oz of suet.
- cracked black pepper.
Method: Add enough water to make a dropping consistency. This should make 4 portions of 2 dumplings; best made daily.
Courtesy of Port Logan Inn.