- 4 partridges, roasted and kept warm.
- 250g broad beans, shelled.
- 250g French beans, topped and tailed.
- 420g can butter beans, drained and rinsed.
- 2 Little Gem lettuce.
- A good handful of mixed salad leaves.
- 1 tablespoon capers.
- 6-8 anchovies, chopped.
- 8 quails eggs, softly boiled, shelled and halved.
- 2 tbsps chopped flat leaved parsley, chives and dill.
- Freshly ground black pepper.
- 1 tsp dijon mustard.
- 1 clove garlic, crushed.
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar.
- 4 tbsps olive oil.
- Cook all the beans in lightly salted water until just tender, drain well.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together and stir into the warm beans.
- Arrange the lettuce and salad leaves on a flat plate, spoon over the beans.
- Slice the partridges and arrange over the beans with the capers, anchovies, eggs and herbs.
- Season well with black pepper.
Courtesy of “Game to Eat”.