- 1 leek.
- 2 venison steaks.
- Olive oil.
- Cut a leek lengthways into thin strips, wash and pat dry.
- Pan fry half the leek in equal amounts of butter and oil until brown and crispy.
- Drain on kitchen paper.
- Take the other half of the leek and cook with butter in a saucepan with the lid on until soft.
- Pan fry, grill, or barbeque two venison haunch steaks. We recommend rare to medium rare as the lack of fat in venison means it toughens if you overcook it.
- Let the meat rest for five minutes before carving slivers off the steak.
- Place the slivers of venison on the green leeks and then sprinkle the crispy leeks on top.