- 300g venison fillet cut into 2 steaks
- A little olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Coarse sea salt
- 1 whole egg.
- 1 egg yolk.
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard.
- Â½ tsp salt.
- 250ml light olive oil.
- 1 tbsp lemon juice.
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon.
- 400g fat chips, made with Maris Piper potatoes.
- First make the mayonnaise by blending together the eggs, mustard and salt in a liquidiser.
- Trickle in half the oil very slowly until you have a thick emulsion, then add the lemon juice and slowly add the remaining oil.
- Stir in the tarragon.
- Brush the venison fillets with the oil and season.
- Chargrill or fry in a hot pan for 3 minutes each side for rare steaks or until cooked to your liking.
- Serve with the hot chips and mayonnaise.
Courtesy of “Game to Eat”.