- 1 whole rabbit.
- 8 rashers of streaky bacon.
- 2 tablespoons red wine.
- 1 tin of apricots.
- 50g walnuts, chopped.
- 1 juice of orange.
- Little grated orange rind.
- 4oz breadcrumbs.
- 1 beaten egg.
- Salt and black pepper.
- Preheat oven: 200C/400F/gas mark 6.
- Cut the apricots in pieces
- Place all other stuffing ingredients into a bowl and mix together.
- Fill the rabbit with the stuffing.
- Place rabbit in oven in roasting tin and cover with bacon.
- Place tin foil on top for 1 hour.
- Remove foil and bacon, baste rabbit
- Roll the bacon and place rabbit and bacon rolls back in the roasting tin for a further 15 minutes.
- Take out of the oven add wine to pan juices to make a thin gravy.
- Serve the rabbit with roast potatoes, red cabbage and cranberry sauce.