- 1 tsp ground cinnamon.
- Â½ tsp ground ginger.
- Â¼ tsp ground nutmeg.
- 3 tbsp olive oil.
- 6 partridges.
- Roast vegetables.
- 500g small red skinned potatoes, halved.
- 3 carrots, peeled and thickly sliced.
- 3 small parsnips, peeled and quartered.
- 3 tbsp olive oil. 1 tsp honey.
- 1tsp cumin seeds, crushed.
- Pinch of saffron strands, crushed.
- 25g raisins.
- 25g dried apricots, quartered.
- 100ml olive oil.
- 4 tbsp lemon juice.
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped leaf parsley.
- 50g blanched almonds, toasted and roughly chopped.
- Mix together the cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- Brush a little olive oil over each partridge and rub with the spice mixture.
- Place on a covered plate and leave in the fridge for about an hour to absorb the flavours.
For the roast vegetables:
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C/Gas Mark 6.
- Place the potatoes in a large roasting tray with the carrots and parsnips.
- Mix together the olive oil, honey and spices, pour over the top, toss together.
- Roast for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soak the raisins and apricots in boiling water for 5 minutes, then drain.
- Whisk the lemon juice and oil together.
- Add the raisins, apricots, parsley and almonds.
- Stir and turn the vegetables.
- Transfer the partridges to a baking tray and roast alongside them for a further 15 minutes or until tender.
- Serve on warmed plates with the dressing spooned over the vegetables.
Courtsey of “Game to Eat”.