- 225g (Â½lb)streaky bacon.
- 225g (Â½lb)lambs liver, finely minced.
- 450g (1lb) minced lamb.
- 1 onion finely chopped.
- 2 tsp tomato puree.
- Â½tsp sage.
- Â½tsp rosemary.
- Salt and pepper.
- 90ml (3fl oz) dry cider.
- 50g(2oz) melted butter.
- Line a terrine or small loaf tin with the bacon rashers.
- Place all the other ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer the mixture to the terrine and press down firmly to get rid of any air bubbles.
- Cover with foil and place in a roasting dish half filled with water.
- Bake for 1 to 1Â½ hours.
- Remove and put a weight on top.
- Allow to cool.
- Once cold, refrigerate for 6 hours before turning out.
The pate will keep in the fridge for about three days, but can be cut into sections and frozen for later.
I made this with mutton mince instead of the lamb and results were really good.
Courtesy of Kathryn Logan.