- 3 partridges.
- 50g butter.
- 6 slices pancetta.
- 6-8 thick slices ciabatta or country style bread.
- A little extra virgin olive oil.
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half.
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped.
- 1 round buffalo mozzarella, torn into chunks.
- 2 large vine-ripened tomatoes.
- 6 sunblush tomatoes.
- Handful basil leaves, torn.
- 1-2 tbsp Taggiasca olives.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Smear the partridges well with butter and wrap each one with 2 slices of pancetta.
- Place in a roasting tin and cover with foil.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and roast for a further 10 minutes or until the juices run clear.
- Leave to cool slightly.
- Drizzle a little oil over the bread then toast or chargrill on one side, then rub the toasted surface with the cut garlic and sprinkle over a little oregano.
- Slice the partridge and layer equally onto the toasted bread with the mozzarella, tomatoes, sunblush tomatoes, basil and olives.
- Season and drizzle a little more olive oil over.
- Serve with a few extra olives and a little of the crumbled cooked pancetta, if liked.
Courtesy of “Game to Eat”.