- 1 grouse breast per person,
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice.
- Cream of horseradish or freshly grated horseradish or wasabi.
- Salt and ground pepper.
- Remove the breasts from the grouse, wrap in cling film and freeze for 40 mins.
- Remove from the freezer, unwrap the grouse and slice as thinly as possible with a very sharp knife.
- Arrange the slices on a dish and scatter with salt and ground pepper.
- Pour over some olive oil and some lemon juice and leave to stand for 10 mins.
- Dot with your chosen horseradish.
- Serve as a starter with a little rocket salad or on thin oatcakes as a canape.
This is a Clarissa Dickson Wright & Johnny Scott recipe from their new book “The Game Cookbook”.